Hola Literary Ladies,
Okay, so my second attempt at a book choice The Outliers turns out to only be in hardcover, too! Go figure. I may go back to The Life and Times of the Thunderbolt Kid. Any comments?
Barbara
Thursday, March 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I just got back from the WOW readers and writers festival in Campbell River. Gabor Matte presented his newest - In the Realm of Hungry Ghosts. It is in paper back and looks very good. His reading was fabulous. the Golden Mean by Annabel Lyon is also in paper back and it is very good. I have read it. She was up for the Giller and didn't get it. The Bryson book I haven't read. I am surprised that the Outliers isn't in paperback yet! I wonder what the timeline is for paperback edition?
ReplyDeleteHi everyone. Well, I have read Through Black Spruce and think it definitely would be a good choice, Barbara. As Deidre says, I'm not so sure about Olive Kitteridge. I have received a couple of new books for my birthday from Norm's daughters--Dreamers of the Day by Mary Doria Russell set in Egypt and the Holy Land during the 1920s just as the 1921 CAiro Peace Conference convenes. The main character,(quoted from the back cover) "Agnes...is drawn into the company of Winston Churchill, T.E. Lawrence, and Lady Gertrude Bell, who will...redraw the world map to create the modern Middle East." The other is The Housekeeper and the Professor by Yoko Ogawa. I plan to read a little of each before Thursday.
ReplyDelete